I have been collecting information from various resources regarding the special properties being associated with today's date.
It's already 5th June today. So, today I will share properties from the dates (numbers) 1 to 5.
In future I would prefer to post day wise.
In case you also wish to share something interesting kindly do it.
Any suggestions are also welcome.
Special properties of number 5 (Today’s Date)
1. 5 is the only prime number that ends in 5.
2. there are 5 Platonic solids
3. A five-sided polygon (pentagon) has 5 diagonals. This is the only shape for which the number of sides and diagonals is the same
4. 5 is a Fibonacci Number.
5. 5 is a Pentagonal Number.
6. The Chemical Element Boron has an atomic number of 5.
7. The five natural senses of sight, hearing, smell, taste, and touch.
8. The 5 Elements: Fire, air, water and Earth and Spirit.
Special properties of number 4 (Today’s Date)
1. Four is the smallest composite number, its proper divisors being 1 and 2.
2. 4 is the smallest number of colors sufficient to color all planar maps.
3. 4 is a palindromic number in decimal system.
4. The word 'four' has 4 letters and is the smallest honest number. Honest numbers are numbers n that can be described using exactly n letters in standard mathematical English.
5. A 4 x 4 square has an area equal to its perimeter.
6. The atomic number of beryllium.
7. Using four 4's and any operations, try to write equations that have the integers from 1 to 100 as the answer (see example below):
1 = 44/44
2 = 4/4 + 4/4
3 = (4 + 4 + 4)/4
4 = 4(4 - 4) + 4, etc...
8. In Puruṣārtha, there are four aims of human life: Dharma, Artha, Kāma, Moksha.
9. The four stages of life Brahmacharya (student life), Grihastha (household life), Vanaprastha (retired life) and Sannyasa (renunciation).
10. Four seasons: spring, summer, autumn, winter
11. Four cardinal directions: north, south, east, west.
12. Four suits of playing cards: hearts, diamonds, clubs, spades.
13. There are four basic states of matter: solid, liquid, gas, and plasma.
Special properties of number 3 (Today’s Date)
1. 3 is a Fibonacci number
2. 3 is a triangular number3 is a palindromic number in decimal system
3. 3 is a palindromic number in binary system (11)
4. Three is the number of dimensions that humans can perceive. Humans perceive the universe to have three spatial dimensions
5. There are three geometric constructions you cannot build using just a ruler and compasses: 1. You cannot trisect - divide into three equal parts - a given angle; 2. Double a cube; and 3. Square a circle. (Geometric Problems of Antiquity).
7. 3 is the smallest number of sides that a simple (non-self-intersecting) polygon can have.
8. Gauss proved that every integer is the sum of at most 3 triangular numbers.
9. Three is the atomic number of lithium.
10. The triangle, a polygon with three edges and three vertices, is the most stable physical shape. For this reason it is widely utilized in construction, engineering and design.
Special properties of number 2 (Today’s Date)
1. 2 is the only even prime.
2. 2 is a Fibonacci number
3. 2 is a palindromic number in decimal system.
4. For any Polyhedron , V – E + F = 2 where V is the number of vertices, E is the number of edges, and F is the number of faces.
6. A honey bee must tap TWO million flowers to make ONE pound of honey!
Special properties of number 1 (Today’s Date)
1. 0! = 1
2. 1 is the atomic number of hydrogen
3. Philo of Alexandria (20 BC – AD 50) regarded the number one as God's number, and the basis for all numbers
4. 1 is a Fibonacci number
5. 1 is a triangular number
6. 1 is a pentagonal number
7. 1 is a hexagonal number
8. 1 is a heptagonal number
9. 1 is a octogonal number
10. 1 is a palindromic number in decimal system
11. A list of primes to 10,006,721 published in 1914 by Derrick Lemher includes 1 as prime.
12. A, B , C , D , E, M, T, U, V , Y has one line of symmetry
13. Till 15th century 1 was not included in set of natural number. Simon Stevin included it in Natural number.