Saturday, July 9, 2011

Models of Platonic & Archimedean Solids


Dear All

Finally, I am done… I had been working for the last three weeks over my birthday gift for myself! I have finally completed making the three-dimensional models of Platonic and Archimedean Solids. Yet again! Surely, those forty-fifty hours while I was making them paid off well. 
Although I had made these solids five years ago as well but the methodology and the type of paper used then was not the best way they could be. And I figured that out soon when I saw those models perishing. But of course, my past experience helped me a lot this time.
I got the nets of these solids printed out on 12”X18” photo paper and then used ‘half-cut’ method on paper to get the proper nets and hence the solids.
Click here to see the step wise procedure I followed.
Click here to download all the models I have made:




















To know more about these solids click here and here.
To check the various good resources, web links click here.
To view these solids, download this program.
If you wish to make these solids for yourself, download this file and enjoy!
Good luck!
And yes, Happy Birthday to me J

Amit Sir

1 comment:

  1. thank you so much sir......
    i had model making on polyhedron solids..suddenly i remembered these solids which we had in our maths activity in 10th class....it helped me alot sir..thank u so much sir.... :)

    ReplyDelete

HAPPY PI DAY

  π‡π€πππ˜ 𝐏𝐈 πƒπ€π˜ Celebrated annually on March 14th (3/14), Pi Day is a fun and delicious way to geek out about math! It's a day ...